This module is used for detecting, tracking and hitting the targets during day and night. It is mounted on armoured vehicles and other movable or immovable platforms.
The combat module “Taipan” is unique as it is equipped with free from play system of planetary reduction gear boxes and ac converter-fed motors which ensure precise targeting at very-low and high speeds of the module rotation.
This combat module is equipped with an automatic command issue system of targeting with making allowance for the weather conditions, type of shells, type of gun, angular speed and target range. The sighting system is adjusted to both trunk line and the horizon line.
- The module weight is 350 kg
- Possible modifications of mounted weapons: machine guns with calibre of 7.62 mm, 12.7 mm or 23 mm, 30 mm grenade launcher with separate vertical drive
- Day observation channel (television camera) provides detection, recognition and identification of the NATO standard target (2.5mx2.5m) at a distance from 3.5 to 1.5 km; night channel (thermal camera) – from 2.5 to 0.8 km
- Operating temperature from -40 ° C to 65 ° C
- Panoramic observation of the battlefield: 360° horizontally and from -7° to +42° vertically
- The module is equipped with remote control unit that allows to manage the gun at range of 500m (by radio channel or fibre optic cable)
- Prototype model was produced
- Prototype tests were held
- Additional tests of the model
- Products marketing
- Launch of serial production