Development of the Mobile Navigation and Mapping System designated to:
- update maps for making of routes for vehicles movement;
- promptly make ortho photos and 3D maps of chosen areas;
- deliver ready maps to headquarters;
- stream video online from a chosen sector using the unmanned aerial vehicle.
Problems Solved by the Project
- Unavailability of updated terrain maps for making of routes for vehicles movement;
- Identifying of changes in landscape and destroyed pathways for the purpose of accurate making of routes for vehicles movement;
- Prompt making and delivery to headquarters of ortho photos and 3D terrain maps;
- No ability of online surveillance of chosen objects in the area of interest.
Innovative Features of the Project
- Prompt making of transport routes, ortho photos and 3D terrain maps with high speed data transfer to the decision making centre.
- Possibility of integration into ACSs (Automated Control Systems).
The use of the Mobile Navigation and Mapping System will considerably reduce the time of surveillance and making of routes for vehicles movement.
The Project enables accurate managerial decision making based on prompt making of ortho photos and 3D terrain maps of a chosen area.
The Mobile Navigation and Mapping System also enables instant responses to changes in the area of interest due to online video streaming for the chosen area.
- Basic principles observed and reported
- Technology concept or application formulated
- Analytical and/ or experimental critical function or characteristic proof-of-concept
- Component or breadboard validation in laboratory
- Component or breadboard validation in a relevant environment
- System/subsystem model or prototype demonstration in a relevant environment
- System prototype demonstration in space
- Actual system completed and flight qualified through test and demonstration
- Actual system flight proven through successful mission operations